Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ireland: Days 6 and 7 (Dublin) and Scotland: Day 1 (Somewhere)

So this update will be short.  I have about 15 minutes left in this pub with WiFi and the bartender is staring at me ominously.  Plus, I thought up a whole bunch of great anecdotes to share on the blog last night while I was lying in bed, but forgot them all today...so instead you get this crap...

-  Yesterday we traveled down to Dublin for our final stop in Ireland.  Our hotel didn't have a bellhop (plus 1,000 points). 

-  Our main event was visiting the Guinness Storehouse.  We learned all about the canonization of Arthur Guinness...maybe not quite, but you would have thought the guy invented world peace rather than an alcoholic beverage.  The building was cool though and I'll throw up some pictures later on.  Michelle managed to choke down a pint.

-  We ate dinner at the Independent Pizza Company in Dublin.  Pretty good spot...one of my usual Dublin favorites.  The meals were good and the dessert was better.  Double chocolate cake with ice cream.  Michelle had to forcibly prevent me from licking the plate...yes, it was that good.

-  Today we flew out on RyanAir (known for its speed, efficiency, low prices, and utter disdain for safety regulations...not sure about the last one, but I just assumed as much).  Made it safely to Edinburgh in 40 minutes.  Then drove our rental car into some indeterminant Scottish wilderness.  We somehow managed to find our destination without knowing the name of the place we were staying or the name of the town it was in.  Impressive!

-  Sadly, no Bothar Reloaded yet...but it's ready for upload when I can find a good connection.

-  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment