Friday, August 5, 2011

So, yeah...

...as you might have noticed (or more likely...you haven't) the ole' blog has been a little slow lately.  When I last checked in, we were still in England. We're now back in Titusville.  That's the main development.  Our trip home was ok, if long (about 26 hours door to door).  Our 2-hour layover in Iceland was pretty great...kind of foggy, and we caught a glimpse of Greenland from the plane (snow capped mountains and melting glaciers...freakin' climate change). And of course it's been great to see all our families.  They were very happy to see us, as were our dogs.  With the dogs it's a little more obvious, with the face licking and all...with the people it's a bit more subtle.

Anyway, I really haven't decided what direction to take with the blog now that the traveling and adventures are in the books. I mean, don't get me wrong, now that I'm home...it's pretty much back to the rat race. And while I'm not insanely busy, Regis and Kelly isn't going to watch itself. 

My first instinct is to go all-in on progressive issues and development.  Being back in the cauldron of American politics (with the debt ceiling debacle and all) has got me stirred up.  And I would love to vent about the right wing idiocy that has taken our country's political (and hence economic) system hostage.  But, all that seems kind of weighty and mostly makes my head hurt, stomach churn, and heart beat fast, so it's more likely I'll stick with more important stuff like Qdoba...and pop music conversational nuggets.  I guess you'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment