Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up




Wrapping up a few odds and ends from the weekend…

-  Michelle and I went in on Friday to get our fingerprinting pictures done for our visa applications. So, now we’re only waiting on a letter from the university that I need to include in the application.  Supposedly it was mailed out last week…after a long and arduous process...but we’ll see when it actually shows up.  Since the university has been in business for like 800 years or so…a few days here and there on some paperwork probably isn’t that big a deal to them.
-  Michelle and I are working on a re-make of “Love the Way You Lie” by Eminem featuring Rihanna.  She’ll be filling in for Eminem and I’ll be taking over Rihanna’s parts.  Stay tuned…this could set YouTube ablaze.  (Just to be clear and to alleviate any concerns...we didn’t choose this particular song because of the message.  We just happen to do a particularly sick version of it…)
-  And while we’re on the topic of unique musical talents…I realized a while back that I can convincingly pull of both T.I. and J.T.’s parts in “Dead and Gone.”  I doubt there are many people out there that can make that claim! I’m thinking of taking this talent to America’s Got Talent or some other suitable venue.

-  I’m sure you’ll all be excited to learn that Michelle has chosen her Barclay’s Premier League football team to root for this coming year.   She’s going with Chelsea.  I haven’t chosen a team yet, but I don’t mind Chelsea either.  We both love us some Didier Drogba.  I’m also a bit partial to Everton and Fulham.  I don’t claim to know the politics of the Premier League, so it’s quite possible I’m committing a cardinal error of fandom by liking all of those 3 teams.
-  I have one serious problem with the new song by The Script, “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved.”  Didn’t he and his former girlfriend exchange cell phone numbers, home addresses, Facebooks…any type of contact information.  Seems to me that pursuing any of those avenues would be a better and simpler solution than waiting on a street corner.

-  Took in UCF’s final open scrimmage of the fall preseason camp.  Saw some good things and some not so good things.  Taking everything into account, I’m going to go with a win-loss record of 8-4 and freshman Jeff Godfrey will win the starting quarterback job no later than week two (but probably by opening day).
-  In case you missed it, Mardy Fish made the finals of the ATP Master’s Series event this weekend in Cincinnati…beating the Andy’s (Murray and Roddick) in the quarterfinals and semifinals before falling in the finals to arguably the best tennis player ever, Roger Federer, 2 sets to 1.  Master’s series events are the most important tennis tournaments apart from the four grand slams.  Mardy’s accomplishment is noteworthy because…I apparently faced off against him in an epic struggle in a 10 and under age group tournament about 20 years ago.  I have no memory of this happening, but it is undoubtedly the highlight of my tennis career…even though I supposedly lost.  So, congratulations Mardy…I’m glad to see your tennis career has progressed nicely since we last met.


 -  As for Zoe’s weekend…she did quite a bit of this…
 
…and also a little bit of this for good measure (to keep her tan even)…


1 comment:

  1. Just a quick update that I received my letter from the school today and promptly sent out our visa applications in the mail this afternoon. I'm nothing if not prompt with paperwork. I guess blogging about the letter was the magic charm...with that in mind...I'm still waiting on that check for $20 million.

    Anyway, to celebrate completion of the visa application process...let's all rock out again to Paper Planes by M.I.A...my favorite song that contains a shoutout to visas.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sei-eEjy4g

    ReplyDelete