Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Food Rut: Part II

Ok, so I’m sure you all remember my food rut post from a while back. Here’s a quick update…let’s just say I feel slightly (or entirely) disillusioned…

Went to the Q today for lunch as usual. The funny thing is, right after I made the original food rut post, the Q started introducing a bunch of newbs on the serving line. Probably had something to do with the end of term and the subsequent turnover in staff…either that or they read my blog and are plotting to annoy me. I’m leaning towards the latter. Having to deal with staff members that don’t recognize me or know my order by heart has been frustrating enough (one of them even messed my order up last week and put cheese on my burrito…you can rest assured that I gave her a nasty grimace after I left the establishment), but today we hit a new low.

I placed my order today with the manager who sometimes works the line. He showed no signs of recognizing me despite my loyalty through the years. Then the person behind me in line walks up and bam…he recites her order off without missing a beat! I was positively devastated and felt like a jilted lover. I mean, come on, what does a brother have to do to get some recognition. Of course, the competitive side of me instantly started plotting how to remedy the situation. My first thought, “ok that’s it, I’m upping my game…no more 3 days a week at the Q…it’s 5 days all the way now. I will not lose this battle!”

I wonder if this is a tremendously cagey marketing strategy on their part…directed solely at me? I’m unwilling to rule out the possibility at this point. Will keep you posted as developments warrant…

1 comment:

  1. i would take it personal and take my business elsewhere! Welcome to Moes!...

    ReplyDelete