Tuesday, August 31, 2010

To Shuttle Bus or Not To Shuttle Bus?



That is my question. My campus parking permit runs out today, and I decided not to invest the $90 for a new permit since I only have a couple weeks of parking left (sniff…sniff). Anyway, my plan for the remainder of my work term is to park off campus in the nearby Research Park and make my way to the lab from there. This will involve either walking 1.5 miles or so each way…or giving the free shuttle bus a try.

I know this probably seems like a no-brainer to most of you…but you must consider that one of the phobias on my rather long list is “fear of making a fool of one’s self in front of a bus driver.” Not sure what the Greek name is for that…and yes, I realize it is a highly-specific fear…but alas this is my life. On the plus side, a laundry list of anxieties does tend to make you inordinately prepared for anything that life throws at you. For example, at this point I probably know the shuttle bus routes better than the bus drivers…and I’ve never even set foot on any of the buses. I love the internet!

Will keep you posted as developments warrant...

1 comment: