Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Blog Features


You may have noticed I’ve been slowly adding some dazzling features to enhance your blog reading experience.  On the right side of the page...we now have a growing list of fantastic (and not so fantastic) quotes from people of all walks of life; a fun “about me” biography…because this is, after all, all about me; a link to my Twitter account so everyone can boost my ego further by following me there; a list of our distinguished blog followers; a blog archive, in case you’ve missed any of my brilliance…or just want to experience again for a second or third time (I wouldn’t blame you if you did…I like to read my stuff several times because it's so awesome); and a subscribe by email box…I have no idea if this works, but would be interested to know if anyone’s tried it.
The final 2 features probably do the most to improve the blog atmosphere and ambience.  I’m all about educating the masses…and the Blog Roll and Links sections have some interesting blogs and websites I like to peruse from time to time.  As far as the blogs go…they’re all quite interesting, but one that I found yesterday really blew me away. 
When you get a chance…I suggest that you take a look at the blog called The King Effect.  Now, I hesitate to point you in this direction, because once you start reading it you probably won’t be coming back here anymore…because it pretty much blows my blog away in every possible way.  Mine basically sucks by comparison...in fact, I probably won’t read my garbage anymore…but I’ll still post.  I might be able to hang in on hipness quotient…but that’s about it.  And I have fewer typos…but give the girl a break…she’s blogging from the Congo after all…geez. 
But I’m nothing if not humble…and I know when I’ve been bested.  If some book company hasn’t signed the author up to a book deal yet…they’re idiots.  This is some of the best writing I’ve seen anywhere...period. (btw...is it redundant to type "period" when you put a period at the end of the sentence anyway?)  For the best reading experience, start from the beginning…it only came online in like April.

1 comment:

  1. I removed the email subscription box...it didn't seem to work.

    ReplyDelete