Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Odds and Ends (or Bangers and Mash, if you prefer)

Overall, not too much excitement this week so far...but a few quick notes...

-  Michelle and I did attend an ICT for Development event hosted by the Humanitarian Centre last night.  Pretty solid event overall.  I may or may not post a briefing later on depending on how motivated I feel.  There were 6 quickfire presentations (4 minutes each) from Cambridge NGO's that utilize connective technologies in their work.  Can't really learn too much in 4 minutes, but most of them were pretty well done.  However, my theory on presentations holds...if you have at least 5 presenters at an event...you will have at least one complete train wreck.  We definitely had our train wreck...but no fears, I'm sure it was hailed as brilliant!

-  Somewhat alarmingly, at least 2 of my program classmates have had significant bike accidents so far.  Not sure how many bike riders there are in the group, but that's an absolute minimum of 2 accidents out of 70 people in a 3 week span.  Not crazy about those odds.

-  You know what's almost as awesome as texting while biking...smoking while biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment